Thursday, June 18, 2015

Starting Right Now I'll Be Strong...Because I've Still Got a Lot of Fight Left In Me

Every family goes through so many different experiences; some good and some bad. Crisis within the family can bring unwanted stress that can potentially be detrimental. I have always had the philosophy that everything happens for a reason. We might not know why something is happening, but there is a reason for it. As time goes on, we may finally see why we went through that trial. With other trials, we may never find out why it happened. 
I remember when I was in high school my family was very stressed at the potential of my dad losing his job. My mom was working, but it would have been harder to get by with just her salary. He ended up not losing his job, but a few years later he decided to retire and peruse teaching. This was a big change for my family, because now we had to live off my mom's salary, while my dad went to school to get a teaching license. During that time I remember noticing several differences within our home, and a little more caution on financial decisions. This is when you need to stop and think, "Is this really worth stressing over?". I believe that life is a beautiful thing and we need to make the best of what we have. In that time of financial strain my family could have looked at it with a negative attitude, but they decided not to. Today I see all the good that has come out of this drastic change. My dad is working on becoming a math or science teacher. This is wonderful news for the school he is teaching at, because their math and science departments need work. I went to that high school and the only reason I passed my junior year math class is because of my dad. He is such a great teacher and he will be such a wonderful addition to the high school. Another positive aspect that I've seen is that it has brought him and my little brother even closer. My family has always been close to start off with, but it seems like the two have bonded over science projects. I will call over the weekend and hear about all the cool science projects they built together. Everything in our lives happens for a reason, and we have the power to decide how we are going to view a certain trial.  
My mind revolves around song lyrics (If you haven't been able to tell yet). A great song about fighting and overcoming trials is Fight Song by Rachel Platten. It shows that if you have the dedication, you can overcome anything.
Fight Song    

No comments:

Post a Comment